Skip NavigationSkip to text NavigationGovernment of Ontario
Ontario Ministry of Labour
central siteSend feedback to Ministry of Labourfrançais
I'm not working yetI'm working nowI've got a problemI'm leaving my jobSearch/Site MapContact WorkSmartOntarioWorkSmartOntario Home

What Now? Help Myself: Resources

> Home

 Am I covered by the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act?

Not every worker in Ontario is covered by Ontario's Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). Areas such as farm work, domestics and nannies, and federal and interprovincial work are generally not covered by the Act. But you may still have Workplace Safety Insurance Board coverage -- formerly known as Workmen's Compensation.

You can find answers to your questions by selecting one of the following links or by selecting a link from the menu to the left.

I'm not working yet | I'm working now | I'm leaving my job |
| Search / site map | Contact us | Back to home |
| Employment standards at work | Health and safety at work | I've got a problem |
| Ministry of Labour | central site | feedback | accessibility | privacy | françaisGo to Content

This site is maintained by the Government of Ontario, Canada.

This information is provided as a public service by the Government of Ontario. Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure the currency and accuracy of the information presented on the site, but readers should verify information before acting on it.

External Links Disclaimer

Copyright information: © Queen's Printer for Ontario, 2002-11